He refined his specialization in the field of otological and neuro-otological microsurgery with particular regard to middle ear microsurgery, benign and malignant oncological microsurgery of the base of the skull and posterior cranial fossa. He developed the problems of anterior trans-facial approaches to malignant tumors of the facial mass with an endoscopic microsurgical technique. For more than ten years, he has devoted himself to perfecting the reconstructive techniques of the cranial nerves by means of neuro grafts and microsurgical anastomoses, of reconstructive techniques by means of pedunculated and free microvascularized flaps in the oncological demolition of the oral cavity and neck. He has carried out refresher courses at prestigious international institutions to study otological and neuro-otological problems: Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix (AZ) with Prof. Robert Spetzler 1993 and 1996; ENT Clinic University of Zurich with Prof Ugo Fisch 1991, at the Center of Skull Base Surgery of Charlottesville, Virginia 1991.
It also has specific expertise in the treatment of salivary gland pathologies, oral cavity neoplasms and related reconstructive techniques, surgical techniques for the treatment of laryngeal and hypopharynx neoplasms.
In 2003 he was part of the Regional Commission for the creation of a Network on the study and prevention of childhood deafness: Hearing Network.
Lecturer of GOFAP (Permanent Training Hospital Group) 1987-1992 PROFESSOR for Teaching of Otolaryngology at the School of Nurses of Seriate 1990-1992.
Lecturer at the Residential Course "TC of the Petrous bone and skull base at the University of Chieti 1993.
Lecturer at the Course of "Surgical Anatomy and Dissection of the Temporary Bone" Bassini Hospital in Milan 1994.
GOFAP Lecturer for Oncologic skull base surgery at the Milan Cancer Institute 1995-1997.
Professor of Facial Skeleton Surgery at the Brussels ULB (2000)
Director of the Residential Course "Surgical Techniques of Chronic Otitis" at U.O. ENT Bergamo (8 editions).
Director of the Residential Course "Techniques and Materials for Reconstruction of the Middle Ear" at U.O. ENT Bergamo (5 editions).
Director from 2006 to 2012 of the Skull Base Project "Surgical Anatomy and Operations course" at the University of Nice.
Resident Teaching Professor at the Skull Base Course "A 360 ° Perspective". Emory University Atlanta USA from 2016 to present.
Teaching Professor at the Skull Base Course by Stryker, ICLO Verona from 2018 to present.
Associate teaching professor "Middle ear microsurgery" at the School of Specialization in ENT, University of Pavia (2009-2012).
Associate teaching professor "Microsurgery of the ear and cranial base" at the School of Specialization in Otolaryngology of the University of Trieste. (2012 to date).
He has held national and international lectures and scientific talks.
Official Relator of AOOI with the Report "Tumors of the Rinobase". In 2003 he was invited as Keynote Speaker to the Congress of the Royal College of Surgeons, Brisbane (Australia) where he held four Master's Lectures; always in 2003 he was invited as Keynote Speaker to the National Congress of ASHONS (Australia) where he gave four Reports on oncological issues of the base of the skull and the facial skeleton.
Member of the Official Faculty at the 4th World Congress of the International Society of Skull Base Surgery in Sydney.
Invited Speaker at the EUFOS Congress Rhodes (Greece)
Teaching Professor at the "Temporal Bone Dissection Course" at the St. Vincent Hospital in Sydney
Keynote Speaker at the course "Anterior Skull Base Surgery" Brisbane (Australia).
Lecturer at the Royal Society of Medicine, of which he is a Member, with the Lecture "Surgical problems in management of Temporal bone carcinomas".
Invited Speaker at the NASBS Annual Congress (North American Skull Base Society) Vancouver.
2009 Keynote Speaker at EAORL (European Academy of ORL) Mannehim (27-30 June)
Keynote speaker IFOS Congress (International Federations of ORL Societies) Sao Paulo Brazil (1-6 June)
Teaching Professor at the Anterior Skull Base Endoscopic Surgery Course at the Prince Alexandra Hospital in Brisbane University of Queensland (June 25-28)
Honored Guest at the “Addenbrook’s Skull base meeting ”at the Addenbrook’s University Hospital. Cambridge UK.
Honored Guest at the "1st Congress of the Egyptian ENT Society" at the University of Cairo.
Honored Guest at ISOCON 2012 (Indian Society of Otology) Calcutta.
Honored Guest at the Join Meeting Egyptian Society ORL and American Academy of Otorlaryngology Cairo (February 2013)
Honorary Scientific Convenor at the Advanced Skull Base Endoscopic Surgery Course Brisbane June 2013
Teaching Professor at "The First Masterclass Temporal Bone Surgery and Beyond". April 2015 Vilnius, Lithuania.
Keynote speaker at the Annual Meeting of the Israeli Society of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery - Israel
Resident teaching Professor al WSB Fellowship Diplomas in Skull Base Surgery, lateral/anterior skull base surgery Ramaiah Advanced Learning Center, Bangalore, India, 5-9 August 2019
Keynote speaker at the 69th ASOHNS Congress Brisbane - Australia
Regular speaker at the NASBS (North American Skull Base Society)
Councilor elected for the S.I.B. (Italian Society of Basecranica) 1996-2001
General Secretary of the WFSBS (World Federation of Skull Base Societies) (2012-2016)
Past-President (2016-2018) of the AOOI (Association of Otolaryngologists Italian Hospitals)
Past-President (2016-2017) of the SIOSU (Italian Society of Otology and Auditory Sciences)
Elected Councilor (2016-present) in the Executive Boarding of the ESBS (European Skull Base Society)
Chairman Educational Program in Skull Base Surgery della WFSBS (World Federation Skull Base Societies) from 2016 to present
President-elect (2021) ESBS (European Skull Base Society)
President-elect (2023) SIOECHCEF (Italian Society of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery)
He is the author of 50 publications in national and international journals reviewed by Med-Line.
He is the author of 8 chapters in subject-related texts concerning ENT surgical problems and microsurgery.
He is a member of the Editorial Boarding of the Neurological Surgery Part B Journals; International Archives of Otolaringology and Acta Otorinolaringologica Italica.
Excellent knowledge of Windows-OS operating systems
Knight of the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic
Provided upon request.
1. Partial surgery in paraganglioma, indications and results. G. Danesi, E. Zanoletti, R. Bivona, M. Nardone. Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital. 2019;39(SUPPL.1):s1-s146. (Surgery of the lateral skull base: a 50-year endeavor).
2. The Transpetrosal Approaches System in Posterior Fossa Meningiomas Surgery: Rationale and Result. G. Danesi, R. Pareschi, R. Stefini. R. Bivona, C.V.Iglesias, Current Otorhinolaryngology Reports. 2019
3. Endoscopic Endonasal Approach to Selected Lesions of the Petrous Apex, G. Danesi, G. Giourgos, A. Bizzoni, Current Otorhinolaryngology Reports, 2019 – Springer
4. Therapeutic strategies in the treatment of Menières’s disease: the Italian experience. G. Danesi, N. Quaranta, P. Picciotti. G. Porro, B. Sterlicchio, P. Petrone, G. Asprella Libonati, Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2019 Apr 11
5. Tailored surgical strategy in clival chordomas: an extraordinary selection bias that limits approach comparison. G. Danesi, E. La Corte, M. Broggi, L. Bosio, P. Ferroli, J Neurosurg Sci. 2018 Aug: 62(4):519-521
6. Fisch Type C versus an Endoscopic Endonasal Approach to the Petrous Carotid Artery: Indications, Limitations and Examples. V. Agarwal, E. Mason, J. Gurrola, G. Danesi, B. Panizza, A. Solares, J Neurol Surg B 2018; 79(S01): S1-S188
7. Lengthening Temporalis Myoplasty; Objective Outcomes and Site-Specific Quality-of-Life Assessment. G. Danesi, D.T. Panciera, C. Sampieri, A. Deganello, Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2017 Dec; 157(6):966-972
8. Sanna Classification and Prognosis of Cholesteatoma of the Petrous Part of the Temporal Bone: A Retrospective Series of 81 Patients. G. Danesi, T. Cooper, D.T. Panciera, V. Manni, D.W. Côté, Otol Neurotol. 2016 Jul: 37(6):787-92
9. Broad Mobilization of the Internal Carotid Artery in Fisch Type B and C Approaches. J. Diplan, J. Morales, G. Danesi, A. Solares, Journal of Neurological Surgery Part B: Skull Base; Ausgabe S 01, 2016
10. Primary squamous cell carcinoma of the external auditory canal: surgical treatment and long-term outcomes. G. Danesi, A. Mazzoni, E. Zanoletti, Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital. 2014 Apr;34(2):129-37
11. Spontaneous ICA rupture: a severe late complication after giant nasopharyngeal angiofibroma resection. G. Danesi, G. Succo, M. Gisolo, E. Crosetti, M. Bergui, Int J Pediatr. Otorhinolaryngol. 2013 Apr;77(4):581-4
12. Myringoplasty in simple chronic otitis media: critical analysis of long-term results in a 1,000-adult patient series. G. Danesi, M. Nardone, R. Sommerville, J. Bowman, Otol. Neurotol. 2012 Jan;33(1):48-53
13. The problem of nodal disease in squamous cell carcinoma of the temporal bone. Zanoletti E, Danesi G.; Acta Otolaryngol. 2010 Aug;130(8):913-6.
14. Juvenile nasopharyngeal angiofibroma: evaluation and surgical management of advanced disease. G. Danesi, D. Panciera, R. Harvey, C. Agostinis. Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery 2008, 138,581-586.
15. Salvage surgery for recurrent nasopharyngeal carcinoma. G. Danesi, E. Zanoletti, A. Mazzoni. Skull Base Surgery 2007.
16. A case of cervical metastasis from temporal bone carcinoid. R. Pellini, M. Ruggieri, B. Pichi, R. Covello, G. Danesi, G. Spriano. Head and Neck, July 2005.
17. Petrous apex aracnoid cyst: a case report and review of the literature. V. Achilli, G. Danesi, L. Caverni, M. Richichi. Acta ORL Italica 2005.
1. Cartilage myringoplasty in middle ear surgery: long term results in 423 cases. SAGE Path.
2. Perception of quality of life in head and neck cancer: patients vs carers. Acta Otolaryngologica.